Adoption is a process whereby a person assumes the parenting for another and, in so doing, permanently transfers all rights and responsibilities from the original parent or parents.
“The Times is campaigning to fix a broken British adoption system. We want the speed of the adoption process to be increased and to substantially increase the number of successful adoptions.”
Well, we are not too sure about that.
How does the parent find their child, when once adopted the child’s name is changed?
Surely, a child has the right to look for their birth parent?
It appears that this is not what this government wants.
“Speaking of my birth mother….I found her a little over 2 years ago…a little after my 26th birthday…and met her face to face around Easter 2009….Her name is Theresa…and that is what I call her…. I keep referring to her as my “birth mother” and will continue to do so, as well as calling her by her name, Theresa….and My parents, whom adopted me- I will keep calling them my parents- and I consider them my “REAL” parents…
The Government appointed its first adoption tsar to try to cut the number of children stuck in the care system waiting to find a family.
“WHY THERE’S HOPE FOR OUR NEEDIEST CHILDREN” July 5, 2011
Is there hope for our neediest children or is the above quote ?
“I knew a little of adoption when I arrived at Barnardo’s in 2005. Five of my nephews and nieces were adopted and I was of course aware of how successful adoption had been there, as the five grew up into adults who made their fathers — my brothers — and their mothers, extremely proud. But in 2005 I had little idea that this success could be replicated over and again, particularly if adoptions took place while the child was very young. What I discovered, first in parts of Barnardo’s, and then elsewhere, was an approach to adoption that was at worst dismissive (one of the earliest services I closed at Barnardo’s was one that helped to unite adopted children in adulthood with their natural mothers but in a way which suggested that the adoption — however successful — had been regrettable) and at best apologetic. See More>>>
Martin Narey is the Ministerial Advisor on Adoption.
Best Interest Of The Child(ren)
“With regard to the best interest of the child(ren), the truth is that no one, besides the family, including the extended family, is expert enough to determine that.”
Challenges in adoption procedures in Europe: Ensuring the best interests of the child 30 November – 1 December 2009 – Strasbourg, Palais de l’Europe – Room 1
Conférence conjointe du Conseil de l’Europe et de la Commission européenne Les enjeux dans les procédures d’adoption en Europe : Garantir l’intérêt supérieur de l’enfant 30 novembre – 1 er décembre 2009 – Strasbourg, Palais de l’Europe – Salle 1
Posted on July 22, 2011 by towardchangeYou may feel reform is the answer. Some of us are of the feeling that we must start again and reject all aspects of this wicked system as it is too far gone and was based on a grande lie.
2012 — The tax credit will be $12,650 per child. Families who adopt children with special needs will be able to claim the full credit regardless of their qualified adoption expenses. Other adopters will have to have qualified adoption expenses.
- AG wants FOI training for officials.
- Alex’s Emotional Breakdown!
- Anonymity Of The Expert Witnesses.
- Charles McNally.
- CHILD PROTECTION (Innocence Destroyed).
- Children’s rights.
- COLOR OF LAW ABUSE.
- ConCourt deems parts of Children’s Act invalid.
- Disgusted with the system: In family law, a parent who has been denied custody of his child by a trial court may file a habeas corpus petition in Federal Court.
- Do you believe the page Family Court System is offending?
- Domestic Violence News & Information.
- Fathers and Mothers.
- Family Mediation Explained.
- Funding threat over child law compliance – Irish Times.
- JUDGES’ AND PSYCHOLOGISTS’ ASSESSMENTS OF LEGAL AND CLINICAL FACTORS IN COMPETENCE FOR EXECUTION.
- Social Service. agent’s lying, falsifying evidence, hiding exculpatory evidence is the standard toolbox of CPS agencies in every westernized country in the world
- The Family Court System.
- Wrongful acts in Social Work Malpractice.
- pediatrician to be Removed from Adoption Panel…(for not supporting gay adoption as “best option”)
Ask a Solicitor: Adoption. UK Law.