Not enough safeguards for surrogate mother, child, says study
“Due to the commercialisation of surrogacy, the plight of the surrogate mother and the unborn child is often ignored. There is a need for a concrete legal framework to monitor and regulate the existing surrogacy system to safeguard the interests of surrogate mother and the child.” ~ Ranjana Kumari, Director of Centre for Social Research (CSR), July 17, 2013, thehindu.com
Many states will address the issue of surrogacy on a case-by-case basis. This is why it is imperative to consult an experienced attorney to be sure that the surrogacy is in compliance with all legal requirements.
First, the well being of the baby is of the utmost concern, and in like adoption cases, many states ultimately agree that every birth mother deserves a grace period after the child is born to determine whether or not she will ultimately relinquish her parental rights or keep the baby.
Also, many states are concerned about the fact that the birth father and his partner generally pay for all of the birth mother’s care and needs during the pregnancy.
‘Surrogate’ custody battle continues
Erin Burnett Out Front|CNN video uploaded on November 28, 2012 A custody battle between a gay man and a woman who claims she was tricked into being a surrogate for him continues. Click here to watch video>>>
Men who donate sperm can apply to seek a role in the lives of their biological children, the High Court has ruled in a dispute involving two lesbian couples who were friends with two gay men.
Justice Baker said that lesbian couples and their children had exactly the same legal status as any other parent and child, however “it is still open to the court, after considering all relevant factors, to grant leave to other persons to apply for (contact) orders”.
The judgement does not mean that any future application would be successful.
- Children In Foster Care and Stockholm Syndrome.
- Civil Procedure Rules 1998 (1998 No 3132).
- Duo launch new family law firm after legal aid cuts – MKWeb
- Human Rights A Person’s Fundamental Rights.
- Judge To Serve 28 Years After Making $2 Million For Sending Black Children To Jail
- Justice is impossible if we cannot trust police forces to tell the truth
- Ofsted | Search results.
- Martin Narey Ltd.
- Mr Justice Cobb Awards Costs Against Non-Party Local Authority.
- Moscow Uses Irish Adoption Threat To Block Use Of Magnitsky List.
- Parents’ deportation lands some children in foster homes.
- Prisons chief admits failings in service over sexual abuse.
- “Reckless Disregard” A True And Compelling Story About One Father’s Fight.
- San Jose Teacher Found Guilty In Child Molestation Trial.
- Serco: The Company That Is Running Britain.
- Should Children Care Homes Be Run By Prison Service Providers.
- Useful Links For Litigants.