“The purpose of this principle is to ensure legal certainty and fairness for litigants. It also means there is a built-in check on judicial activism, so that society is less likely to end up with ‘Judge made law’.”
Stare decisis (Anglo-Latin pronunciation: /ˈstɛəri dɨˈsaɪsɨs]) is a legal principle by which judges are obliged to respect the precedents established by prior decisions. The words originate from the phrasing of the principle in the Latin maxim Stare decisis et non quieta movere: “to stand by decisions and not disturb the undisturbed.” In a legal context, this is understood to mean that courts should generally abide by precedents and not disturb settled matters.
- AG wants FOI training for officials.
- Alex’s Emotional Breakdown!
- Anonymity Of The Expert Witnesses.
- Charles McNally.
- CHILD PROTECTION (Innocence Destroyed).
- Children’s rights.
- COLOR OF LAW ABUSE.
- ConCourt deems parts of Children’s Act invalid.
- Disgusted with the system: In family law, a parent who has been denied custody of his child by a trial court may file a habeas corpus petition in Federal Court.
- Do you believe the page Family Court System is offending?
- Domestic Violence News & Information.
- Fathers and Mothers.
- Family Justice: What We Can Do To Protect Our Children.
- Family Mediation Explained.
- Funding threat over child law compliance – Irish Times.
- JUDGES’ AND PSYCHOLOGISTS’ ASSESSMENTS OF LEGAL AND CLINICAL FACTORS IN COMPETENCE FOR EXECUTION.
- IN THE MATTER OF MINOR G (a Child) in the Royal Court of Justice.
- Social Service. agent’s lying, falsifying evidence, hiding exculpatory evidence is the standard toolbox of CPS agencies in every westernized country in the world
- Should judges be forced to retire at 70? 75? Florida’s Senate Judiciary Committee debates the issue » Gavel to Gavel.
- The Family Court System.
- Wrongful acts in Social Work Malpractice.
- pediatrician to be Removed from Adoption Panel…(for not supporting gay adoption as “best option”)
Ask a Solicitor: Adoption. UK Law.