1.1 On 15 November 2010, the Senate referred to the Community Affairs References Committee an inquiry into former forced adoption policies and practices. The motion covered more than just the terms of reference for the inquiry:
(1) That the Senate:
(a) acknowledges the recent apology given by the Western Australian Parliament to those mothers whose children were removed and given up for adoption from the late 1940s to the 1980s; and
(b) notes that policies and practices resulting in forced adoptions were widespread throughout Australia during that time.
(2) That the following matters be referred to the Community Affairs References Committee for inquiry and report by 30 April 2011:
(a) the role, if any, of the Commonwealth Government, its policies and practices in contributing to forced adoptions; and
(b) the potential role of the Commonwealth in developing a national framework to assist states and territories to address the consequences for the mothers, their families and children who were subject to forced adoption policies.
See on www.aph.gov.au
Read more articles:
- A Convicted Paedophile Managed To Foster A Child
- April 25th is the 6th Annual Parental Alienation Awareness Day! (via World4Justice : NOW! Lobby Forum.)
- Black Positive Image
- Corrupt Social Worker Finally Sentenced To Prison
- Freedom Without Censorship.
- Gillard sorry for forced adoptions,
- Growing up with a disabled mother.
- IN THE MATTER OF MINOR G (a Child) in the Royal Court of Justice.
- Judge upholds contempt finding against three editors over childcare case
- Mid Staffs Scandal Is A Disgrace For Social Work, Too.
- Northamptonshire Social Services Their Take On Initial Assessments (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- Parents Of ‘Murdered’ Seven Week Old Appear In Court
- Political Corruption
- Protection and Justice Is This Really Social Care Or Indeed Social Scare?
- Report of Georgia Senator Nancy Schaefer on CPS Corruption.
- Secret Family Courts | Parents Rights Blog
- Social Care Or Social Scare.
- They can create an illusion of caring for children.
- The Not So Secret Life of an Adoptee…Shhhhh they might hear you.: Resources For Adoptees.
- TOWARDCHANGE ACTIVIST 4 CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
- UK: High Court Rules In Favour Of Gay Male Couple In Parental Dispute With Lesbian Couples.