Troubled family court system needs urgent overhaul, report says
OTTAWA—Families going through the turmoil of separation or divorce should get swifter access to informal mediation services and to more user-friendly family courts, a major new report recommends.
The report, from a committee chaired by Supreme Court Justice Thomas Cromwell, says family breakdowns are so prevalent and access to family justice has become so complex that it is a “serious and urgent problem” in Canada, demanding an all-out shift by the legal profession, the judiciary, and governments, as well as by individuals themselves. Read More Click Here>>
French Legal News – Family Law
On 29 October, a decree stipulating measures for the enforcement of the 26 May 2004 Act on Divorce was adopted. This decree reforms procedural provisions relating to divorce and marital separation of the Code of Civil Procedure, as well as provisions relating to proceedings before the family law judge. The decree gives the judge an important role in counselling and provides that compensatory property settlements may be temporarily enforced before the final decision. Furthermore, this decree provides that unlawful international displacement of children falls within the jurisdiction of the family law judge (see legislation May 2004).
Law student volunteers are preparing to assist those who cannot afford legal advice following major cuts to the legal aid system, according to reports in the UK.
Judge Ross Duggan, designated family judge for Staffordshire, told the newspaper: ‘The judges of Stoke-on-Trent County Court are very impressed by the scheme. Trained volunteers in our court on a daily basis will provide a valuable source of -support for many court users.’
One student, 23-year old Rachael Mellers, said that ‘with the right advice, people will be able to cope with complex legal issues’, while 21-year old Simon Aggarwal added that the scheme will help to ‘support people to give them the confidence to cope with the legal process.’
President of the Family Division (UK)
The Family Division of the High Court deals with cases ranging from probate (wills) to the most difficult and sensitive situations involving families.
The former President of the Family Division, and Head of Family Justice, was Sir Nicholas Wall. On Thursday 20 December 2012 10 Downing Street announced The Right Honourable Lord Justice Munby appointed as President of the Family Division.
Her Majesty The Queen has been pleased to approve the appointment of The Right Honourable Lord Justice Munby as President of the Family Division with effect from 11 January 2013.
- The President of the family division is a Lord Justice Wall (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- Family Matters And Public Law (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- SIR NICHOLAS WALL says Expert Witnesses and their reports should be Routinely Disclosed. (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- A Convicted Paedophile Managed To Foster A Child
- April 25th is the 6th Annual Parental Alienation Awareness Day! (via World4Justice : NOW! Lobby Forum.)
- Black Positive Image
- Corrupt Social Worker Finally Sentenced To Prison
- Does Racism Still Strongly Exist In The UK: Part 2.
- Freedom Without Censorship.
- Gillard sorry for forced adoptions,
- Government Sponsored Secret Family Courts | Parents Rights Blog.
- Growing up with a disabled mother.
- How To Teach Your Children … Human Rights
- Where is the Line Between Adoption and Child Buying? | Dissident Voice
- IN THE MATTER OF MINOR G (a Child) in the Royal Court of Justice.
- IMAGINING WOMEN.
- Judge upholds contempt finding against three editors over childcare case.
- Martin Narey.
- Mid Staffs Scandal Is A Disgrace For Social Work, Too.
- Northamptonshire Social Services Their Take On Initial Assessments (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- Northamptonshire County Council denies social services chief quit over ‘secret’ Ofsted report – Local – Northampton Chronicle and Echo
- Parents Of ‘Murdered’ Seven Week Old Appear In Court.
- Police Officer’s Right To Sue Newsletter (USA).
- Political Corruption
- Protection and Justice Is This Really Social Care Or Indeed Social Scare?
- Report of Georgia Senator Nancy Schaefer on CPS Corruption.
- Secret Family Courts | Parents Rights Blog
- Social Care Or Social Scare.
- They can create an illusion of caring for children.
- The Not So Secret Life of an Adoptee…Shhhhh they might hear you.: Resources For Adoptees.
- TOWARDCHANGE ACTIVIST 4 CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
- UK: High Court Rules In Favour Of Gay Male Couple In Parental Dispute With Lesbian Couples.