‘Revolutionary’ reforms to the family justice system to speed up cases and cut costs must be made to work, the head of the Family Division has warned practitioners.
In an update to the profession on the ‘revolutionary’ changes, Sir James Munby (pictured) noted the family justice system is undergoing ‘the most radical reforms in a lifetime’.
He recognised the concern caused to many by some of the reforms, but said ‘we must do the very best we can with what we have’.
‘We have to realise that public finances remain in a dire state and that asking for more money, more judges, more this, more that, is simply crying for the moon,’ Munby added.
He warned the profession to steel itself for further cuts, saying: ‘Our task is to ensure that greater efficiencies in the family justice system minimise the impacts of these cuts on the families we serve.’
In particular, in public law cases, Munby said the new 26-week time limit for the completion of care cases and restrictions on the use of experts had to be implemented.
See on www.lawgazette.co.uk
Lord Justice Munby
- A Convicted Paedophile Managed ToFoster A Child
- April 25th is the 6th Annual Parental Alienation Awareness Day! (viaWorld4Justice : NOW! Lobby Forum.)
- Black Positive Image
- Corrupt Social Worker Finally Sentenced To Prison
- Does Racism Still Strongly Exist In The UK: Part 2.
- Family Law, Global News.
- Family Matters And Public Law (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- Freedom Without Censorship.
- Gillard sorry for forced adoptions,
- Government Sponsored Secret Family Courts | Parents Rights Blog.
- Growing up with a disabled mother.
- How To Teach Your Children … Human Rights
- Where is the Line Between Adoption and Child Buying? | Dissident Voice
- IN THE MATTER OF MINOR G (a Child) in the Royal Court of Justice.
- IMAGINING WOMEN.
- Judge upholds contempt finding against three editors over childcare case.
- Martin Narey.
- Mid Staffs Scandal Is A Disgrace For Social Work, Too.
- Northamptonshire Social Services Their Take On Initial Assessments (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- Northamptonshire County Council denies social services chief quit over ‘secret’Ofsted report – Local – Northampton Chronicle and Echo
- Parents Of ‘Murdered’ Seven Week Old Appear In Court.
- Parentalrights.org – Protecting Children by Empowering Parents .
- Police Officer’s Right To Sue Newsletter (USA).
- Political Corruption
- Protection and Justice Is This Really Social Care Or Indeed Social Scare?
- Report of Georgia Senator Nancy Schaefer on CPS Corruption.
- Secret Family Courts | Parents Rights Blog
- Social Care Or Social Scare.
- Terminating parental responsibility.
- They can create an illusion of caring for children.
- The Not So Secret Life of an Adoptee…Shhhhh they might hear you.: Resources For Adoptees.
- TOWARDCHANGE ACTIVIST 4 CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
- UK: High Court Rules In Favour Of Gay Male Couple In Parental Dispute With Lesbian Couples.
- U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments on an ICWA Case for Tribes.