Murdered Seven Week Old Baby: Serious Case Review Highlights Concerns
Northamptonshire Coroner Anne Pember said Jamie suffered injuries to his head, abdomen, back and limbs and rib fractures of differing ages. Babies under one are particularly vulnerable to abuse and neglect. They are eight times more likely to be killed than other children in the UK.
Serious Case Review
An investigation into the death of a baby in Northampton has concluded that no individual or agency could have predicted what happened to him. 8-week-old Jamie Kightley was rushed to hospital in March 2012 after his parents Jacqueline Parker and Adam Kightley called an ambulance. He was pronounced dead in hospital under an hour later.
Adam Kightley, aged 24, and Jacqueline Parker, aged 21, were both locked up for seven years in November after they were found guilty of causing or allowing the death of their baby son, Jamie. northamptonchron.co.uk
The report by the Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Board – in which Jamie is given a the pseudonym Kieran – highlights concerns about the hospital and police handling of the case.
Experts have criticised a paediatrician who “apparently failed” to identify abuse injuries on a dead baby. The author, Dr John Fox, said there had been a “significant breakdown” between police and the consultant paediatrician involved in the case.
The #bbc reported that the police, he said, arrived at the hospital one hour after their control room was informed of the death. The police, could not have saved the baby. Maybe the police were deployed to the crime scene, busy collecting evidence?
“What we have identified is some opportunities perhaps to do some greater risk assessment, particularly given the parents’ backgrounds, but even if that had been done, it would have only triggered the very low levels of intervention and support for the family.We don’t believe that would have made a difference to the outcome in this case, which is very, very sad.” itv.com – last updated Wed 19 Feb 2014
Expose CorruptCourts . Parental Responsibility. Public Law Children Act Cases. Legal Research On Pinterest.
Child Protection What Does This Really Mean?
The Child Protection Register is a confidential list of children in each area who are believed to be in need of protection. Children are usually placed on the register following a case conference where the professionals decide that they are still at risk. This decision will be based upon assessments and reports that are gathered over a period of time. The case should then be reviewed (usually after 3 months) to check that the children still need to be on the register. netmums.com
Our children are victims of the system, for Government funding via head count in the system.
- A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds
- *More than five children die every day as a result of child abuse.
- Approximately 80% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4.
- It is estimated that between 50-60% of child fatalities due to maltreatment are not recorded as such on death certificates.
- More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way.
- Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.
- About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse.
- About 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder.
- The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States for 2008 is $124 billion.
- 14% of all men in prison in the USA were abused as children. 7
- 36% of all women in prison were abused as children. 7
- Children who experience child abuse & neglect are 59% more likely to be arrested as a juvenile, 28% more likely to be arrested as an adult, and 30% more likely to commit violent crime. 5
- Top ↑
- Abused children are 25% more likely to experience teen pregnancy.
- Abused teens are less likely to practice safe sex, putting them at greater risk for STDs.
- One-third to two-thirds of child maltreatment cases involve substance use to some degree.
- Children whose parents abuse alcohol and other drugs are three times more likely to be abused and more than four times more likely to be neglected than children from non-abusing families.
- As many as two-thirds of the people in treatment for drug abuse reported being abused or neglected as children.
Up All Night, Takeaway, Northampton, Northamptonshire
I believe that keeping silent when an injustice is taking place is condoning it.
- Absolute Immunity.
- Bob Marley– I Shot the Sheriff.
- Character assassination – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Chronic Child Neglect.
- CPS Juvenile Court Crime Ring Operates Under Color of Law.
- House of Commons Hansard Debates for 16 Oct 2012 #prison.
- Judicial Conduct.
- Mark Adams Said The Revolution Will Be Televised.
- #METPOLICE – Institutionally Corrupt.
- Michael Doherty – #METPOLICE – Institutionally corrupt.
- News Update For The Family Court System.
April 25th is Annual Parental Alienation Awareness Day! Continue reading →