PRESIDENT OF FAMILY LAW Calls For Radical Changes In Family Courts’ Approach To Transparency
The President of the Family Division, Sir James Munby, has called for radical changes in the approach of the family courts and the Court of Protection to transparency.
Sir James’s comments were made in his judgment delivered in Re P (A Child)  EWHC 4048 (Fam). This was an application by Essex County Council for a reporting restriction order in relation to Alessandra Pacchieri, whose daughter, P, was delivered by caesarean section, by order of the Court of Protection, and was later taken into the care of Essex County Council.
The President’s judgment gives a detailed chronology of the key events in the case. In relation to the reporting of the court proceedings, he concludes:
“How can the family justice system blame the media for inaccuracy in the reporting of family cases if for whatever reason none of the relevant information has been put before the public? Continue reading →
Attempting to pull back the curtain of privacy in family and Court of Protection proceedings
An Immediate Change for the Family Courts
You many recall the case reported heavily in the press last December, which involved Essex County Council and an Italian woman, who came to this country pregnant in 2012. The woman became unwell and was detained under the Mental Health Act, then gave birth to a child via Caesarean section, which was done against her will. The Local Authority subsequently sought to place the child for adoption, the mother, who now appears to have recovered, is seeking the child’s return. The case came to prominence after Essex County Council sought a reporting restriction to prevent details of the mother’s name, following her complaining publicly about the way that she had been treated, which gave rise to dramatic headlines in several national newspapers. Continue reading
- Baby P~The Untold Story.
- Divorce Lawyer And Family Law Attorney Misconduct And Ethics In California.
- Forty-five ‘saved from traffickers’.
- Proceedings | Highlights from the Law Blog – Wall Street Journal
- Resolution calls for sweeping changes to laws on divorce and separation.
- Two Rotherham Councillors And Police Officer Accused Of ‘Sex With Abuse Scandal Victims’.
- Spurred by Pope Francis, Spain Charges 10 Priests In Country’s Largest Known Pedophilia Case.
- Temple Church London “Earl of Pembroke Lord Marshal of Leinster Lord O’Carroll of Ely Court Rolls” *** HM CROWN * MAGNA CARTA * MAGNUM FORCE * CARROLL*TRUST *** High Court Judges Corruption Case.
- The Family Court System Exposed – Beauty In Freedom.
- The Role Of A Judge.