Mr Rupert Fordham
Source: High Sheriff Northamptonshire.
The Role of High Sheriff
- Attending on High Court Judgeson circuit and ensuring their well being.
- Proclaiming the accession of a new Sovereign and maintaining the loyalty of subjects to the Crown.
From 1949, the status of British subject was also known by the term Commonwealth citizen, and included any person who was one of the following:
- A citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies.
- A citizen of any other Commonwealth country.
- One of a limited number of British subjects without citizenship.