The Case Of Camreta v. Greene
CAMRETA v . GREENE, personally and as next friend of S. G., a minor, et al.
certiorari to the united states court of appeals for the ninth circuit
The child protective services (CPS) worker in the case did something that’s actually pretty common around the country: the CPS worker and a police officer came to a child’s school and took a child out of class to question her.
Does the Fourth Amendment require a warrant, a court order or parental consent before law enforcement and child welfare officials may conduct a temporary seizure and interview at a public school of a child whom they reasonably suspect was being sexually abused?
The parties must have the necessary stake not only at the outset of litigation, but throughout its course. Arizonans for Official English v. Arizona , 520 U. S. 43 . So long as the litigants possess the requisite personal stake, an appeal presents a case or controversy, no matter that the appealing party was the prevailing party below. SeeDeposit Guaranty Nat. Bank v. Roper , 445 U. S. 326 ; Electrical Fittings Corp. v. Thomas & Betts Co. , 307 U. S. 241
(England and Wales: draft order of costs)
Other Useful Judgments
- Neutral Citation Number:  EWCA Civ 941 Case No: B4/2013/3256 IN THE COURT OF APPEAL (CIVIL DIVISION) ON APPEAL FROM SWANSEA COUNTY COURT To refuse the grandmother party status for the hearing that was taking place. There was no overt analysis of the child’s welfare throughout her life nor the likely effect on her of having ceased to be a member of her original family in accordance with section 1(2) and 1(4)(c) of the 2002 Act. The distinctions between the factors in the welfare checklists in the 1989 Act and the 2002 Act were not explored. The essence of the recent case law and of the statutory tests was not sufficiently demonstrated. Continue reading →
- Wearden & Scotland  FMCAfam 268 (25 March 2013) FAMILY LAW – Practice and procedure – whether Independent Children’s Lawyer is exempt from paying fees for the issuing of subpoenas. Continue reading →
- IN THE MATTER OF JAMES J. MILLER AND JANET S. TODD Court Awards Sole Custody to Father Due to Mother’s Parental Alienation Argued: November 17, 2010, Opinion Issued: March 31, 2011 Continue reading →
- Family Law Week: DL v EL (Hague Abduction Convention – Effect of Reversal of Return Order on Appeal)  EWHC 49 (Fam)… Continue reading →
- Fathers Rights Judgment The South African parents of two girls, now aged 6 and 4, had lived in England with their daughters for nearly 2 years. The father’s work permit expired in December 2004. The evidence suggested that, prior to that … Continue reading →
Anyway, I cannot find the information. Well, there are over a 1000 pages on the Parents Rights Blog! Links to posts sharing Judgments will be placed here in the near future when I find time to do so. Happy reading!
- Parental Alienation (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- April 25th is the 6th Annual Parental Alienation Awareness Day! (via World4Justice : NOW! Lobby Forum.) (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- How To Teach Your Children … Human Rights (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- Imagining Women (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- The Ethics Of Transracial Adoption (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- Parental Alienation Solutions (leslinetmd.wordpress.com)