Children, Parents Responsibility, Same Sex Relationship, Shared Residence Order, Welfare Of The Child
Judge highlights importance of the law keeping pace with the different way families are formed in a custody battle involving a genetic and birth mother
The Court of Appeal in London handed down a ruling last week emphasising the importance of family law keeping up to speed with contemporary family life. Lady Justice Black observed that “Families are formed in different ways these days and the law must attempt to keep up and to respond to developments”.
The case concerned a same sex female couple. The appellant donated eggs to the respondent (with whom she was in a relationship ). An anonymous sperm donor was used to create embryos and the respondent carried embryos and gave birth to twins. Using the same embryos the appellant herself carried an embryo and subsequently gave birth to a child: thus all 3 children were full biological siblings. It also meant that the appellant was both the genetic and gestational mother for youngest child, but was only the genetic mother to the twins. Continue reading
A pregnant Italian woman was “shocked” to learn that the twins she is carrying thanks to IVF treatment are not her own
The woman, who has not been named, underwent IVF treatment on Dec. 4, at the same time as three other women, one of whom had a similar surname to hers, Italian press reported on Monday. Corriere della Sera said their surnames were identical except for three letters. Click here to read the full story
IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT His Honour Arthur Anthony JUDGE RUMBELOW QC A Circuit Court Judge Assigned to the Northern Circuit.
CASE NUMBER NN13P00882
NGOZI ANGELINE GODWELL APPLICANT
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LOCAL AUTHORITY RESPONDENT
- Dr. David Vandenberg Demands N.H. Family Court Judges Removed From Office
- Her Honour Judge Karen Anne Venables
- Judges, Magistrates And Tribunal Judges: Members Of The Judiciary
- Lady Justice Black
- Should judges be forced to retire at 70? 75? Florida’s Senate Judiciary Committee debates the issue » Gavel to Gavel
- Cafcass – Contact and residence.
- Client And Lawyer | Search Results | Parents Rights Blog.
- Fight CPS Legal Document And Information Library.
- ‘I was determined to go back to social work, to prove he hadn’t ruined my career‘.
- Judges | Search Results | Parents Rights Blog
- Mental Health Teams In Police Stations And Courts Scheme Goes Live
- More Than 100 Police’ Under Suspicion In Paedophilia Crackdown.
- Panel Ruled That Bloggers Are Entitled To The Same Protections As Journalists.
- UK Human Rights Roundup.
I believe that keeping silent when an injustice is taking place is condoning it.